Breakaways’ state of the art, sixteen station Computrainer studio is used for group training sessions, open rides, team training sessions, league racing, and fitness assessments. Computrainer offers the most realistic indoor cycling experience available, and most riders who regularly train on a Computrainer report significant gains in cycling power and overall fitness. Read More Here
Our Computrainer studio has four 60″ plasma televisions displaying training data (watts and w/kg, average speed, heart rate, distance, calories, etc). During open traininng rides we have graphics that display training data as well as course positioning for those riders that want to simulate outdoor group rides and drafting. For specific course training we have real videos of famous cycling and triathlon courses to offer a visual experience that matches the actual terrain.
Racermate’s Computrainer is an electronic load generator that is fixed to a rear wheel bicycle training stand. The load generator is connected to a hand unit which may be used to control the load generator directly, and it also is connected to a desktop computer, which offers more advanced opportunities for control. After mounting your bike on a Computrainer, you will be able to:
- Ride realistic 3D course simulations, complete with varying terrain
- Compete with other riders in Computrainer’s virtual environments
- Optimize your cadence and cycling technique
- Determine critical power output levels
Most importantly you can leverage Computrainer’s precision to obtain accurate testing results useful for power and/or heart rate based training.
What Do I Need to Bring to the Breakaway Computrainer Studio?
- Your road or triathlon bike (a smooth rear tire is encouraged!)
- Appropriate workout clothing and bicycle shoes
- 2 towels, one for platform, one for yourself
- A heart rate monitor is optional but recommended
- A training rear wheel skewer
You can purchase a trainer compatible skewer at Breakaway for $15.